BOB PORTER So tell me. What’s your favorite song of his?
MICHAEL Hmm. I, I, I don’t know. I mean, I guess, I sorta like ’em all.
It’s easy to tell a phony when they give answers that have no specifics. I could say my favorite movie is Office Space and I better damn well know the minimum pieces of flair at Chotchkies. The link to strong connections is in the details. This post will give you my details.
- My favorite music is New Wave followed closed by current Alt music. I wouldn’t list any New Wave artist as my favorite but as a category it’s the bees knees. For my money, I don’t know if it gets any better than when the Cure sing, “Just Like Heaven.” I certainly can’t name every song by every artist which doesn’t put me in the top 1% of fans but hanging out I would never decline The Smiths, New Order, The Cure, Depeche Mode, Talking Heads, or Tears for Fears. I’m pretty hip to all music and would probably slide Classic Rock into these top 3 categories but this is my #1 genre. Shout out to the Saturday Night Safety Dance hosted by DJ Bueller.
- Hey Peter, man, check out channel 9, check out this chick. HBO, ShowTime, and AMC produce the best TV series. It isn’t even close. If you are a network TV watcher and never get a chance to check out real TV, I feel sorry for you. Cursing, nudity, violence, and epic storylines bring TV to a level that has never been seen before. You can read about a battle in a book but these networks bring these ideas to a screen to be witnessed. My personal favorite shows are The Wire, Sopranos, Game of Thrones, Breaking Bad, and True Detective. Flight of the Conchords, Silicon Valley, and Curb Your Enthusiasm also show well for comedies.
- I like waking up under the comforter on cold days. This feeling is ruined more often than not by 2 things: having to work or being hungover. When I wake up in the morning and can only enjoy this warmth for a few minutes before getting up, it sucks. When I wake up on weekends anytime I want, my head is slamming into itself. On very select days I’ll be able to wake up feeling like a million bucks and not have to get out of bed. I then like flipping on the TV to watch some ridiculous sitcom or movie like Mr. Ed or Blue Streak. Nothing better.
- People hate running on a treadmill but I love it. Controlling my speed and forcing myself to run is exhilarating. Plus it’s always consistent which means that I can compare myself to myself every single time I’m on it. This gives a good base of what shape I’m in. Also when babes start running next to me I just jack the machine up the 12 mph and hope to god I don’t fall off. High risk maneuver. Can’t you understand that? What the hell is wrong with you people?
- I rarely eat junk food. That’s the worst idea I’ve ever heard in my life, Tom. It may take me a 2 months to eat a bag of Chips Ahoy. I can never finish a whole bag of anything unless it’s a 99 cent bag of Smartfood. The taste of the food doesn’t offset the unhealthiness of it for me. However, I do like Oreo Blizzards from Dairy Queen. Because I have no concerns about my weight, anytime I’m in the mood for a DQ blizzard, I’ll get it. I also like BBQ sunflower seeds.