[pullquote align=”center” background=”on”]In Hollywood, I’m obese. I’m considered a fat actress. I eat like a caveman. I’ll be the only actress that doesn’t have anorexia rumors! I’m never going to starve myself for a part. I’m invincible. I don’t want little girls to be like, “Oh, I want to look like Katniss, so I’m going to skip dinner. – Jennifer Lawrence[/pullquote]
After ranking Jennifer Lawrence at #5 on my overrated list, I feel both happy and sad for this display of destruction. On one hand I applaud my assholeness for this Photoshopping work confirming she isn’t a 10 out of 10 which many believe. On the other hand, I completely agree that this society and its journey for perfection is detrimental to all human beings. Like I wrote in the post, Jennifer Lawrence is the hottest girl in your class or workplace, not the hottest in the world and we can’t be shopping the top 1% of females without the other 99% feeling some sort of insecurity.
This photo was taken in 2011 and is resurfacing, I assume, because someone was wise enough to put them into gif format. I’m pretty split on how I feel about shopping good looking people to make them better looking. Be aware that the people who are doing the re-touching are doing it strictly for business purposes. They don’t care about the security level of millions of people, they care about selling magazines, movies, or whatever else they are paid to do. People want to see the best and expect the best. The best rises and the average sinks. If it were the other way and they were putting nasty looking normal people on their cover do you think people would be interested? Obviously not as much. People need to lighten up and be aware that re-touching photos is not going to go away and to not take everything so seriously.
The majority of people are not Hollywood and I think they know it. It’s when people start spazzing out about these types of issues that people even start pondering it. I watched a Charles Manson interview with Geraldo and he said about drug use, “if the Gov’t tells you to not take the red pill, and you weren’t even aware the red pill existed, now you are more apt to take the red pill.” The concept broadly works here. Jennifer Lawrence is hot, they made her hotter to sell more issues, period. I would have no idea that this cover was shopped and I would expect them to shop it. Why not?
Here are some other celeb shop jobs.