The Bitter Cold Bites
I hate this frigid weather. They say hate is a strong word but I 100% hate it. I hate shoveling, slipping, driving, and delays because of the weather. Everything is worse. This list will go in further detail of the pros vs the cons.
- Morons will list things like hot cocoa, fires, and relaxing but they make no sense. Things that you can do in your house don’t define things to do in the cold.
- No activities in the snow are fun.
- My frostbiten foot numbs up to the point of discomfort.
- Shoveling snow hurts my back.
- I don’t own the proper gloves or winter hat which leaves my extremities feeling like icicles.
- Shuffling feet when walking is slower than molasses.
- Deliveries to stores are delayed and I had to eat a day old bagel and the Nantucket Nectars Half and Half was out of stock. Where were the juice guys?
- You have to prepare for cold weather and it causes major inconvenience. The heat needs no preparation. Possibly even less preparation than normal.
- Wind gusts seem to always be aimed directly at your face or other uncovered areas
- Without boots, snow is always dampening socks and the bottom of my jeans stiffen.
- Pipes freeze, glass cracks, heat and electric cost more, and general discomfort ensues. It all sucks.
Winter, snow, and ice make everything outside shitty. I can’t think of anything that I like about the cold except that it makes my bag of peanut M&M’s frozen in my car and they taste great. This is the type of weather that makes me wonder why I don’t move to somewhere warm like Florida.