Simply put, living a life and blogging are two separate activities. How long do you think it takes to create a post with original content that people want to read? My feeling is that a minimum 1 hour needs to be spent on a post that generates any interest. Better posts can run 2-3.
When I arrive on Monday morning and haven’t posted since Friday, I scramble to post any content whatsoever. The only other possible post I could write would be a write up of my weekend which I pretty much hate doing because I’ve done it so many times. This is what I could have posted instead of the Reddit / Trump post.
- I left work at 2pm on Friday to go golfing. I shot a 96. Adam and Bud shot 80, 97 respectively.
- Friday night I lost $250 playing poker after starting with $400, dropping to $150, up to $750, then played a $1,200 pot when my 88 lost to 55 on a 55K 8 ( I didn’t even see the river) board.
- After 4 hours of sleep I played kickball from 9am until 5pm on Saturday. We played 5 games and lost in the semi finals.
- My entire body hurt (and still does) on Sunday and I decided to play golf. I shot a wretched 97 while the rest of my group made me look like a tard.
- I watched True Detective and a bunch of other shows before I fell asleep.
There is no time for blogging. What I did wasn’t that exciting. A cut and paste from Reddit is all I could muster up or else I probably wouldn’t have posted until Tuesday night.