This is how I envision the conversation with Jeff Lurie and Chip Kelly.
JL: Bradford had the 28th worst QB rating this year (min 100 attempts) behind guys like Blaine Gabbert and rookie Jameis Winston. Is he the best we can do?
CK: He’s elite
JL: What about our WR’s and losing our best the last two years? Maclin had the 19th most yards this season with Alex Smith, a guy who avoids throwing the ball downfield like the plague. DeSean had 528 yards and 4 TD’s in 8 games. I think we may lack talent to spread the field thus opening up our run game.
CK: No. Matthews, Agholor, and Riley are elite.
JL: Agholor only had 21 catches all season (the same as Riley Cooper). Matthews had 943 yards and 261 came in the last 2 games which were essentially blow outs. Remember that big catch he dropped against Carolina? We are still talking about Riley?
CK: They’re elite talent just waiting to explode.
JL: What about the Shady for Kiko trade? Shady was 6th in the NFL in yards and even missed 3 games. Kiko had 34 tackles and 1 pick in 10 games. Didn’t seem to work out that well for us.
CK: Kiko’s elite.
JL: DeMarco was a real bummer this year only averaging 45 yards a game. What happened?
CK: He’s not elite.
JL: We’re finished here.
Shut up, Chip!
- Chip is stubborn and doesn’t play well with others.
- His “players” and “system” needed to develop.
- Ownership didn’t have the Sam Hinkie time frame to wait.
- Chip got fired for refusal to adapt to ownership’s viewpoints with the mindset that he knew what he was doing and wasn’t budging.
The Eagles are not a good football team talent wise. Chip Kelly is to blame for this. Some stats:
- The Eagles avg 22.8 points per game good for 16th in the league
- The ran the 2nd most plays from scrimmage this year (1037) behind only the Texans
- Their TO margin was -4, good for 22nd in the league
- The D gave up 26.7 ppg good for 28th in the league
- The D gave up 394.9 ypg which was 29th in the league
- They were outscored 342-400