95% of my tweets are stupid thoughts that I have and the other 5% are trolls. A troll is when you are trying to upset the other party. Yesterday I accidentally trolled a free-lance writer. Free-lance writer kind of sounds like blogger but I think you get paid minimal amounts of money for writing the same quality work I do. Anyway, this dude Larry Taylor wrote a post on back-up QB Brock Osweiler and how he got faked out going in the game by Peyton. It’s not worth reading but he ended the article with this line, “Brock Osweiler may have been upset with Peyton Manning, but it is doubtful anything will happen moving forward.”

This twitter spat followed.

I honestly thought he was going to rape me, he had the craziest look in his eyes. To defend my position here, I could not tell that he was joking about the last line. The article was published on Business2Community and I don’t know how this even becomes news. He is missing that the only person who is going to click on this article is a sports fan and his closing line is a joke that only die-hard sports fans are going to find funny and even they won’t find it funny. It’s misleading to everyone else.

twitter_battle_a_lHim challenging my authority is even funnier. My Twitter profile doesn’t say that I’m the authority? Would it be the case if it did? I was hoping he was going to write that he checked Rnningfool.com and would give me a free plug to his 600 followers. This does show one important point to note, if someone who I didn’t know read my last post on my football playing, they would be bored out of their mind. Which shows why articles need to be geared to everyone.

Either way, Twitter is great because of interaction. There is a sense of fulfillment when the person responds to you and I’d say that people who have less than 1,000 followers usually do. People with <10k sometimes do. People with over 50k rarely do. The point of Twitter though is do generate a reaction and this post shows that.